December 8, 2016 – Molly Malone’s Irish Pub & Restaurant was full of good cheer and holiday “spirits” as the Louisville Irish Fest celebrated the success of the 2016 Festival. While members and friends enjoyed good food and fellowship, along with traditional Celtic carols from Na Skylark (Lorinda Jones & Cathy Wilde), the focus of the evening was to announce five charitable gifts made possible by the Irish Arts Foundation of Kentucky.
This year’s recipients are:
- Kentucky Homefront: The IAF has donated $1,000 to support the March 11, 2017 Irish music event at the Clifton Center in Louisville, which will feature local and regional performing artists.
- McClanahan Irish Dancers: Becoming involved in Irish dancing not only teaches respect for Irish culture but also self-confidence, creativity and cooperation. The IAF is pleased to support the school with a donation of $500, to help these young performers share their passion for Irish dancing with the community.
- Louisville Irish Dancers: Formed in 2013, the Louisville Irish Dancers strive to cultivate a love of Irish dance in a non-competitive atmosphere. This year, the IAF donated $150 in support of their endeavors.
- Ancient Order of Hiberians: The oldest Irish Catholic organization in America, the Louisville chapter of the Ancient Order of Hiberians presents numerous events throughout the community, including the annual St. Patrick’s Parade. The IAF donated $300 to help support this local and beloved organization.
- Bellarmine University: With a donation of $5,000, the IAF has renewed it’s commitment to help a student study the Irish culture, history or arts in Ireland in partnership with Bellarmine University.
Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Duit! (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!)